To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:06 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Slightly Wandering Posterior

Early links are prone to failure.  The bushing is vulcanized in place
and acts as a spring, so they cannot be replaced separately.  The
rubber fails.  Replacements are the new style and require a sleeve and
bolt kit, but replacement isn't bad and will greatly improve handling.

I have replaced most of them on both W124 chassis cars, and expect to
get the rear subframe mounts, which also go bad on the earlier cars,
soon.

Peter