LarryT wrote:

>     Our service provider suggests we re-program our phones monthly - it's an
> automatic update similar to updating a computer program.  For my Comcast
> account using Motorola phones we dial *228 and it runs thru an update which
> makes sure it receives from any/all cell towers which may have been erected
> or modified.  At leasts that the story the cust. rep tells. ;-)  It also
> supposedly improves reception.

*228 is for CDMA phones like Verizon, Alltel, Sprint, Nextel, etc.
It probably won't do anything for GSM phones from T-Mobile or Cingular/ATT.

I was interested to hear that T-Mo and Cinguar have a way to send the time
to the phones, my prepaid phone is served through Cingular and I have to tell
it the date and time. But it did know enough to clear the date/time and make
me reset it yesterday when I turned it on.
Mitch