Larry,
YOu can pick up cheap(way less than $100) portable CD players with an anti-shock/skip feature that prevents that annoying problem. I've seen them as low as 29 bucks at Wally World.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Audio mods

Hi Jim,
   When you say "Walkman", I assume you're talking about a CD player?  I
tried that also and the skipping was so bad I couldn't enjoy the discs.  I
hope a iPod or MP3 player will be a lot more stable.  Do you have any
experience with either of those? This will be my 1st experience with an MP3 or iPod player. Actually I'm not positive about how they work - I assume
they have a harddrive where music, data & voice is stored?  Is that close?

Will a MP or iPod be more stable than a CD player?
TIA -

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
Porsche Road Test http://members.rennlist.com/roadtest/
.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Cathey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>