Changed the oil on the 190D on Saturday, I love 10,000 mile oil changes...
Decided to change the fuel filter at the same time, what a PITA on a 190D, bet
its worse on the 5 cyl 190s though.
Didn't hold the throttle when I started the car, it fired right up but quit
quick. It took quite a bit of cranking to get it to go again.
Put in a new driver's door panel (Thanks Fred!) which has cured the car from
randomly locking the doors.
Then I thought I'd take a look at the clicking window regulator in the driver's
door. BIG MISTAKE, the inner workings of the window motor etc are still a
mystery to me. In fact all I managed was to take a window that just made noise
when it was all the way up to where it makes noise all the time its going up
AND doesn't go all the way up without help.
Ahh well, I'm going to Las Vegas for work in April, my Indy can take care of it.

Still looking for the valve that raises idle when its cold out. Found a likely
looking suspect and a bad looking 90 degree adapter which I replaced but no
benefit. Some playing with the mity-vac is surely needed.

I also put a full bottle of Diesel Kleen in both through the fuel filter and in
the tank,.The stuff smells just like Diesel Purge and has a similar effect in
quieting down the engine.

Finally since snow season seems to be over I pulled the 3 extra wheels and
tires from the trunk (another thanks Fred!). Hopefully the reduction in extra
weight will buy me a couple points in fuel mileage...

-Curt

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Mar 27 13:23:37 2007