The more I think about this E300, I think I'll get it.  It's a good start
into the world of Benz and then I'll be an official part of the gang here.
hee hee.

Question is, the car has high mileage (320,000 KMS) but runs very well.  It
will receive very light use, about 3000-4000 KMS per year, but as the trans
and engine become wore, do you suggest rebuilding, or just finding a lower
mileage used engine and swapping it out.  The body and interior is very
good, with almost zero rust.  The car was always garages, so all the wood,
dash etc is perfect with not a ripple.  Anway, I know I'd never get my money
out of a rebuld, but more than that, I question the quality in most cases.
I would personally would rather have a n original factory engine with
150,000 kms with good service than a rebuild of questionalbe quality.  So,
any ideas and what I can expect to go first, trans, cam, valves??  So far,
it's smooth and quiet, with just an every so slight tick at the back of the
rocker.  I'm sure things are getting a littel lose in there due to the
mileage, but I'm pretty impressed after a test drive.  Rear end will need
some attention as I think there is a little too much side movement when
cornering harder.  Not roll, more a step.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.  Expect more questions soon, and
also a check list as I want to go over it and change all the thing that
should be changed in a car of this vintage.  It has been dealer maintained
so far.

Ed