I'm new the the benz thing, so the whole idea of oil changes from the top
end is, well, a little strange.  As for draining from the bottom, amazed how
many people have a problem.  New crush ring everytime, use a torque wrench,
what's the big deal?.  I find most mechanics error by going too tight, with
most things.  Filters are hand tight, and then just a little extra.  I've
seen guys put wheels on so tight, they have warped the rotors!  But then
again, from an insurance point of view, if you over tighten a lugnut, easy
to say the rotor was already warped, much harder to explain when the wheel
falls off from under torquing the nuts. hee hee.

300E just back from the shop having the rear bushing all done.  You can bet
as soon as it warms up a little outside, I'll be out there with a torque
wrench checking things. hee hee.

Ed
300E
320,000 kms