Are you talking about why I would think that the maint. has not been done? I
just assume it has not been done because he probably would claim it, if it
had been done.

BTW, I'm talking about things like timing chain, flex discs, and the sort of
things a 250k mi. car needs (or so I've recently been told).

I sure hope the bid does not go anywhere near $5k. I don't think I would pay
that much for such a high mileage car on which I don't know the history.

Brian