"Zoltan Finks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Okay, and I assume the benfit of waiting 'til the final 30 seconds is to
> disarm your competitors and hope to take advantage of their
> innatention?

If you do end up being the high bidder, it gives people less time to
think "well OK, I'll pay $10 more ..."

To really get in under the wire you'll need to use one of the snipe
sites.  They place your bid in the final seconds of the auction.

If you're doing it manually with a browser, you need to leave enough
time cushion for your browser to actually post the page to eBay.  Also
as I recall, when you place a bid you have to re-confirm your password
so you need to allow time to do that and anything else in their
process.  Be sure you are doing all this according to eBay's clock,
not your own local computer clock which is likely at least a few
seconds different.

Allan
--
1983 300D