From: Donald Snook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 1:22 pm
Subject: [MBZ] I hate gassers

Jim wrote: "At lunch with the family I noticed a bit of a gas smell around the car.
Jill's 560 SL.)  No drips, but I will have to look into that. I went to
y convertible in storage and stole its electrical part, and put it on
nstead.  (It must be love!) Other than a fuel fountain or two it looks
ood.  (I put the bad part on my car, to plug the holes at any rate.
lso I had to clean the mouse nests off of the engine, sigh.  I've got
ots to do down there
now.)She also reported that her window switch had stopped working, so I
ore that open and cleaned it. It works again." Why are directing your hate to just gassers. Don't parts fail on your
iesels?  Don't window switches go bad on your diesels?  Mine did when I
ad a diesel.  In fact, fuel injectors went bad and leaked fuel on the
iesels I owned and fuel lines leaked, and on some diesels the IP leaks
nd sometimes, they have to be rebuilt, or resealed, etc. It sounds like the problem is not that it is a gasser, but it is a
achine with parts that fail and yours may have some age on it and parts
ill continue to fail.   If you can find a diesel that never needs
epairs, I need to find one of them.
Donald H. Snook 1990 300SEL 137K (For Sale) _______________________________________
ttp://www.okiebenz.com
or new parts see official list sponsor: http://www.buymbparts.com/
or used parts email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ttp://okiebenz.com/mailman/listinfo/mercedes_okiebenz.com