In a message dated 6/27/2007 7:48:03 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Within a  couple of days my car began to smoke terrible (thick grey smoke)
and idle  very rough. There is no oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil.
The  radiator hoses are not pressurized when the engine is cold. Also  the
coolant level has not changed and there are no fuel leaks. I've changed  the
plugs, the camshaft timing is good, ran it with fresh diesel
then  ran with diesel injection cleaner. I removed the injectors and viewed
the  spray pattern on each and they look good. EGR valve is not stuck open.
All  ball pins in the prechamber are intact. The exhaust tappets have only
about  1-2 mm play. I ran a compression test but I'm not sure what the limits
are.  The highest was 460 psi and the lowest was 410 psi. The other four  were
440-450 psi. Thanks again for all your  help.

Ken

Ken,

Does the problem still exist?   What about the EGR valve, which  can stick
open?   Your compression is excellent, indicating the valves  are seating
properly, and the hydraulic lifters too.  Did you remove the  access panel on
the
pan to look for physical clues.   Your injection  timer, which drives the
Injection pump, could have come apart, that is the only  way I see the fuel
timing
changing without breaking the chain.  If it did,  the springs are probably in
the pan.

Regards,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ