The project I am working on (1200 days so far) uses it for group
planning/scheduling.
it works quite well since we have team members in North America and
Europe that update it plus hack at
during weekly planning sessions.

If you send emails unencrypted I'd say the US government  reads all
of them anyway, apparently the Europeans too.
Also unless you encrypt your hard disk with PGP, and if the law
enforcement folks seize your computer everything is readable in any
case.
Privacy,... no...

In any case I can't recall hearing about someone casually being able
to read other people's google based documents.  Which is
more the issue. However one link says:

"Google Docs & Spreadsheets does not default to an encrypted HTTPS
connection beyond the login screen,
though text documents and spreadsheets can be optionally accessed
through HTTPS."

In checking that I could change (by hand)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=  {no encryption}

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=  {encryption}

and continue working with an encrypted SSL link, which I'm sure our
governments can read, but not my neighbour.

Other questions not asked is will the data disappear?  Likely it's
safer than an average home user's storage environment which consists of
a sole copy on a sole hard disk waiting for fire/water/theft/Trojans/
disaster and 12 year olds sending it off to never never land.

On Jul 2, 2007, at 9:36 AM, Gary Hurst wrote:

> what you guys think of the google word processor/spreadsheet?   i
> mean,
> google already knows all there is to know about me from my emails,
> so i
> don't see any privacy risk here

John
1983 300TDt  380k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1990's 300TDt  197k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1993 500SEL 183k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)