I've tried it, its okay, nothing special. Harder to get apps for than Mepis or
the other "normal" linux distros. I saw no great advantages.

-Curt

Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 11:00:00 -0400
From: Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] [OT] Linux drivers wanted
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Go to http://www.distrowatch.com/ to see what's popular and read
> mini-reviews.

http://www.pcbsd.org/

Had not seen this before.  I've always been partial to the BSD flavor
of unix, which includes [Open|Free|Net] BSD and also, in the
commercial realm, Mac OS X.

These folks seem to have undertaken the task of making a
"user-friendly" desktop oriented BSD distribution, and based on what I
read they are doing rather well (though the distribution is still in
BETA status).

Might have to check it out.  I'll probably wait for it to get out of
BETA though.

--
1983 300D
1966 230