All items I've thought of, but the XFi and HF's and VX's(haven't looked much
for the HX's) are first off, all still 10-20 years old and beyond that, they
seem to be rarer than hens teeth.  I've had searches up for more than a year
now and in total I think I've seen maybe one HF that hadn't had an engine
swap and it was in an accident.  I think I've seen a single XFi and the guy
wanted like $7K for it.  I think maybe I've seen one or two VX's that hadn't
had engine swaps and they had other problems.

As for being easier to fix?  Potentially...  I had a CRX Si about 10 years
ago and IT was getting hard to find certain parts for.  I can't imagine it's
improved in 10 years.  And they did need work.  It remains to be seen how
reliable the Prius' are.  I've seen several people with more than 200K miles
on them(top was 280K miles), only really seeing sporadic issues with them
really and you can see that with the other cars.  You've got to watch the
spare tire area on the CRX's cause they collect water and rust out...  I've
already looked and I can find used replacement parts for the Prius' at
reasonable cost.  Generally in the same ballpark as the used parts would be
for the other cars...

As for mileage?  Yeah, they're all in the same ballpark.  It all comes down
to how you drive any of them.  From everything I can tell, the Prius is hard
to get below 40mpg, except in the middle of winter in NY you might get it
down to 35mpg.  If you drive WITH the car, you can see close to 60mpg with
good conditions.  The others can be close to that too, it just all depends.
My brother had an HF and he never saw even 40mpg with it...

Really the only other car vaguely in my sights at the moment are still the
TDi's, but the wife would prefer the Prius cause she doesn't want a stick
tranny and I'm not getting an auto TDi.  The Jetta Wagons are too expensive
so there's no real advantage there.  Basically, I'm getting hooked on the
ideas of generating power down my hill every day and driving distances
without the engine running and other techy stuff.  Not to mention that also
for the wife's sake, the gas pumps are usually pretty clean, whereas the
diesel pumps are usually not...

Levi