Anyone happen to know what the legality is of towing an unregistered car in
NY?

I've got a Subaru that needs fixing and I think I may let someone else do
it, but it's not registered...  I'm thinking I would tow it down and then
maybe just attach the strap and mock-tow it back(assuming it runs then), but
it wouldn't have plates either way...  And it does go right past a police
station...

Anyone know if that's legal or not?  I was thinking it was...  But then I
couldn't quite see how it could be if you can't pull a trailer without
plates...

Thanks,
Levi