> On 8/25/07, archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> It would be great if you can get the details, Dan.  Sounds like the small
>> DirectTV dish might work at 200'.  Those are plentiful in used stores but
>> the big dishes have gotten scarce.
>> Thanks,
>> Gerry
>
> The small dish works better than 200' for direct line of sight. There
> is a group, that I can't find the article for right now, but they got
> quite a few miles out it. Though they did have a parabolic dish at
> both ends.
> Ed
The lady next door is an old widow with a hub thats broadcasting the signal.
I just happened to pick it up with the laptop.  If I get something set up
that works, I'll pay half of her broadband bill for her.  It would be the
signal from her hub to my dish at 200'.  Would be worth trying, I think, if
two dishes can connect at several miles IMO.
Thanks,
Gerry