In a message dated 9/7/2007 4:35:50 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Anyone  who does not believe that R12 is bad for the ozone layer needs to
read this  article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_depletion

Tom and all,

People who write for Wikipedia are not authenticated in any way!  You  can
speak to any topic and if reading, all info must be taken with a grain  of salt

I can tell you that one major volcanic eruption causes more ozone  depletion
than all the controlled refrigerants EVER MADE!  You don't have  to believe
that and I don't have to prove it.

Further, the burping and farting of cows creates more ozone disruption each
year than all of the controlled refrigerants ever released.  Believe  it or
don't!

So how do we ban volcanoes?  Do we bag all our cows and.or keep them  in a
controlled environment?

I have been in the air conditioning field for more than 50 years and  still
find it incredible that our governments acted so quickly  at the Montreal
Protocol meetings to ban R12 (and others) production.

Much to my dismay, I ran out of R12 this year.  Maybe I can bag  some cow
methane!

By the way, I do read wikipedia and find the info mostly believable.   Most
of the writers have some clue as to what they are talking about (somewhat  like
this forum), but be careful what you assimilate.

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 264 K miles
98 ML 320, 151 K  miles