I don't never ever want this to happen to me again.  I guesstimate at
least 15 hours of pounding, impacting, Kroiling, grunting, drilling, saying
dang it and grinding before it was all done.  The last step was to grab a
ragged edge with needle nose and easily screw it out.

My big question is; "what things may work to get it out before twisting off
the hex?"  I tried kroil throughout this ordeal but I doubt any got to where
it was needed.  I used the BFH both straight in and in the direction to
tighten or loosen.  I used an impact wrench back and forth, a cheater bar
back and forth, but never any heat for fear of a brake problem either now or
many moons later.

Unless someone shares a better and proven method, right now I think I would
try the heat and replace or rebuild that wheel's brake system.  However, I
don't know that heat would do the trick.  If heat did make it an easy out, I
don't think the cost would be much more than what it has cost me this time,
not counting time spent.

You would have to be one of my very best friends to ever be allowed to
tighten one of my lug nuts and even then, it would be under close, looking
over the shoulder supervision.

Harry