I think diplomats can bring over their own cars and don't have to
re-plate them.  Exempt from DOT requirements as well.  Are you near
D.C.?

I've also occasionally seen people who do this for cosmetic reasons
with a euro plate in the "normal" location and their state plate
tucked in the back window or something.  Probably not strictly legal.

Allan

--
1983 300D
1966 230