Rusty is doing a good job now, and his prices are the lowest I've found on
the web.  For example, I recently bought a rebuilt A/C compressor/clutch for
an '83 240D from him for a price of $256.00.
Just now looked up the price of that compressor on:
http://autopartsguru.com/ and got the following prices:

MBZ060047
BEHR A/C Compressor
OM616.912 - 10 from 086379- 12 from 027799Delco R-4w/ Pressed-on Clutchw/
Metric ThreadsNote:Seals are under black cover Available0.00
$345.00

MBZ066259
BEHR A/C Compressor, Rebuilt
OM616.912 - 10 from 086379- 12 from 027799Delco R-4w/ Pressed-on Clutchw/
Metric Threads Available0.00
$1299.99

Ouch!

A number of years ago Rusty was having problems with his shipping
department, so I started buying from Randy Steele.  It naturally took a lot
longer and cost more to ship parts from California to Florida, but it wasn't
too bad for someone who didn't buy a lot of parts.
Finally Randy got some sort of kidney disease and closed down for a while
IIRC, and then had some kind of arrangement where he was operating out of a
dealers parts department.  That's about when I started ordering from Rusty
again.

One problem with Randys operation was that after he got computerized, he
didn't want to talk to you on the phone; he wanted you to order from his
website or by fax.

IMHO Rusty has a pretty good operation running now.  The parts often get
here sooner than expected and his billing system is much better.  There are
only two ways I can think of that Rusty could improve his system;

Confirmation of returned cores.

An adjustment of the freight/handling he charges for small parts.

My CPA wants some kind of credit form from a seller when I get a refund on a
paid statement.  Without it, the credit must be verified on the credit card
bill, and by the time it arrives, I might forget to look for it.
(I'm still waiting for some kind of notification that the alternator core I
shipped to Rusty a while back was received and credited to my credit card.)
(-:]

Not long ago I ordered a few "Red Head" trim fasteners which Rusty put in an
envelope and mailed.  The ten dollar shipping/handling fee was more than the
cost of the parts.  If the parts had to be boxed and shipped via UPS the ten
dollar fee might be understandable, but $10.00 S/H for sticking a few
fasteners in an envelope and mailing them seem sorta high.

Other than those two little glitches, I've been very satisfied with Rusty.

Gerry Archer
'83 300D and 240D