So make sure I have a full charge on the battery, and then look into the
rest of the system.  I do hear the relay click when they would shut off.  So
its possible that the battery not being fully charged is causing the
problems.  Which I was thinking could be part of it.  Of course new glow
plugs and relay seems like it should be easier for me to do than weld the
exhaust back together.