DIY was the original idea when I bought the car.  Figuring that since there
was no computer I would be able to do a lot of the owrk on it myself.  Of
course my background is a bit more limited in working on cars or anything
else, but I figured there's no better time to learn than now.
I also am thinking I have some glow plug related problems, all of the
sudden.   Just in time for winter, of course.