One or two electric fuel pumps under the car at the rear.  Fuel filter
is adjacent, as is the pressure accumulator.  Fuel pump relay is in the
kick panel on the passenger side, I believe, but I don't know which one
it is.  May be behind the battery in that car like the W126.  there is
a tank screen as well, but they very rarely plug up on a gasser unless
it's been sitting a long time -- stuff doesn't grow in gasoline like it
does in diesel fuel.

You should find the relay and jumper it to run the pump and see if that
cures the problem for a short while.  If it does, replace the relay.
You should also check the current draw -- a bad pump will roast a
relay, and a new one won't last long, either.

I would also replace the check valve in the pump, although that usually
only ibad when you have a hard start problem.

Peter