My auntie got front-ended a few months back by some girl who crossed the
centerline, the air bag went off, burned her face and chest something
fierce, and did a number on her face too as it was all bruised, puffy,
black, ugly.  She had her belt on, that did a number on her where it
held her, but her arm got jammed by the airbag and banged up good too.
While she did not quite walk away (leg or ankle banged up pretty bad)
she did survive and only spent a night in the hosp for observation.  The
car was totaled, the dumbass perps walked away ( bu will not escape her
lawyer).  Auntie had an Oldsmobile or Buick or something, small woman so
sitting close to the wheel and the bag.

--R