Friendly Local Independent Tire Dealer (FLITD) says they can order
steel wheels.  I may order new Blizzaks and go that route.  Tire rack
has cheapo alloys for $80 each.  That is probably second best.  Only
problem with steel wheels is that 15" MB hubcaps are as rare or more
rare than 15" steel factory wheels in the US.  And I need two sets of
lug bolts.  Good thing is I have a pretty good stock of steel wheel
lug bolts. The $$$$$$$$600$$$$$$$ is the only model that came to the
US on 15" steel that I know of.

Pricing some new Steel wheels locally may be the way to go.  I am
thinking they should be $35 or so each.  Won't find out until Friday
or next week.

I did find the earlier message where you said you needed 124 wheels also.

Wonder what a 110 would look like on 15 hole 126 wheels.  Probably
real strange.

At 09:34 PM 11/21/2007, you wrote:
>OK_I was thinking he might have 4.  I need 124 wheels- manual says 15 x 6
>1/2 ET 49.  I think 15 x 7's will fit fine with smaller offset sat 44.
>Thanks for you offer to part with 126 wheels.
>
>Dwight E. Giles, Jr.
>1978 240D 4 speed. 215K miles.
>1979 240D- auto -250K + miles (FOR SALE)
>1990 300D 2.5t 150K miles
>Wickford, RI

Loren Faeth