in this age, there is always the option of fixing it yourself on the
cheap.  normally you can get a service manual and used parts easily
and cheaply on ebay.

it's like old mac laptops.  $1200 to fix via apple.  $27 to fix yourself.

but my guess is that you know this already and really just want an
excuse to upgrade.