On Nov 27, 2007 1:02 PM, Fmiser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It seems than at Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:34:38 -0600, John wrote:
>
> > Kaleb C. Striplin, work wrote:
> > > Im probably going to be looking for somthing in the 60" or so range since
> > > that is what my old TV is.
> >
> > If it is in a dark(ish) room get a projector.  Then you get a 100"
> > screen. :)

A projector is a great idea as long as you budget for a replacement
bulb at $300+ every year, more often if you have kids or other family
members who leave the TV on all day.  I went through that thought
process, figured out it was a lot cheaper in the long run to spring
for a big LCD up front.  Finally went with a Philips 47" 1080p for
$1800 from Best Buy.  Couldn't be happier with it.  Better picture and
much lighter and more compact than what it replaced (a 46" Mitsubishi
rear-projection, one of the first 1080p TVs but no great shakes now).

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo et al.