It seems than at Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:10:59 -0500, Allan wrote:

> "Dave H..." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Could you please elaborate on the resistance comment for testing
> > glow plugs?  is there a ohm reading that states the glow plug is
> > acceptable and anything above/below that reading is a call to
> > replace that glow plug?
>
> Resistance check alone is not enough to verify that the plug is good,
> but it does seem to be a practical way to find those that are clearly
> bad.
>
> IIRC they should measure about 0.6 or 0.8 Ohms cold.  Much above that
> and they are probably bad.  But a correct resistance reading is only
> an indicator, not proof, that the plug works properly in operation.

My preferred way to test glow plugs is with an ammeter. I have
an old, aftermarket ammeter that reads +-60A that I have wired
with test leads. At the glow plug relay, I pull the cover, clip
one lead to the big fuse and touch the other lead to one wire at
a time. With this method I can often even see the current
decrease as the plug warms up.

--                 Philip