"Kaleb C. Striplin, work" wrote:

> Well, looking on the brite side, at least I will have 5 kids to claim on
> taxes now.

Take a close look at the dependency rules. IRS has a checklist for this.

If they were born this month, you'd be supporting them the whole time they
were alive this year and would claim them on your 2007 return. If you
shared custody with your ex who had them for 11 months, your ex would
claim them. If you adopt or become a foster parent after the year is
more than half over, I'm not sure how it works.

Mitch.