So there was this used Generac diesel generator on Craigslist for a
very good price:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/tls/504939058.html

I sent the guy an email with a bunch of tech questions about it (not
harassing him, just wanted to save myself a trip if it's worn out or
otherwise unsuitable to power my house in the next nasty storm), and
this is the reply I got:

"Hi ,
The generator is in good working condition and the price I'm selling
it for is $1850, which is including all shippings charges.
I live in Portland but I`m currently working in the UK (London) and
I`ll be staying here for the next approximately 7 months, anyway I`m
using MoneyBookers services so I can sell this generator without
difficulty. I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK.
They will take care of the delivery with a 14-day return policy so you
will have the chance to inspect it before final decision.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how
MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks"

This sounds like some kind of Nigerian scam, doesn't it?

Sigh.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo et al.