Oh goodie! Something I've just recently experienced!?

Tank:

I just had a fuel tank replaced. The tank vent apparently had become clogged
and vacume was causeing the tank to implode. It reached the point that my
tank capacity was only about 8 ga.. By that time the fuel sending unit had
been damaged and also had to be replaced.

Though I replaced the tank with a used one, advice on list was that it could
be repaired with air pressure. (Mine was too far gone.) At any rate, check
your fuel vent line?

The bumper strip separating? That was happening on my '84 as previous owner
had bumped something with bumper which allowed slack. The rubber bumper has
a channel by which it slides onto to "strips" which retain it to the bumper.
They had horizonal (molded) hooks which fit into slots on the bumper. I
reattached mine by threading a piece of wire between the two strips at the
center of the bumper and tightening it, pulling the two toward center so the
hooks engaged the slots. Then I manipulated the bumper strip to center it.
(It was a warm day and I lubed the channel).

How's 'zat for technical talk, y'all?