Last week I treated the daily driver ('85 300D 323K+ mi) to a stay with the
indy. I got a list of things repaired that I wouldn't have been able to
accomplish. There's certainly a noticable difference in handling with the
new front end. Otherwise, there was no reason to expect the car to actually
run any better than it was. Everything seems fine as some additional errands
this week logged a total of 300 miles. As always, no hard starts even on
cold mornings.

Last night to escape Friday PM traffic I killed a few hours at a car parts
box store. I replaced some old bulbs in the parking lot. (The bulbs weren't
out but they were aged and black. There was immediate gratification.) On the
way home I stopped for fuel. It was cold! Instead of waiting for a truck
ahead at the regular diesel pump, I 16.8 ga. with B20 ( 20% bio/80% low
sulfur dino). I drove twenty two miles home.

Early this morning, mid-thirties, threat of snow, I left for a forty mile
commute. My usual habit is to tool along through the mountains at posted
speeds listening to NPR with coffee and cigarette. Not so this morning.
Seems the car was particularly "frisky." Rather than riding along at normal
pace (60mph) while everyone else is speeding by at 75-80, I found myself
often overtaking cars or leaving the trucks behind on grade.

If I was driving differently than usual it's because the car seemed to be
running extremely well! I was having to hold myself back. On the way home I
took a scenic mountain rode just to enjoy the drive.

The point: Unless atmospheric conditions contributed (cold grey mist day) I
assume running the bio made this marked improvement in performance?