throwing the bread together last night in my old KitchenAid I thought, "Gee,
my mixer is older than most of the guys who work for me. My cars are as old
as a few.

Funny that this discussion should come up.  As I was prepping the food
processor to grind up some walnuts, I was thinking that this thing is as old
as the 300SD!  It was given to us by my parents, and they bought it in 1983
with blue chip stamps.  Perhaps it's the holiday season that spawns the
consumerism and disposability discussion since it's also taking place on
another Mercedes list of which I'm a member.  Newer isn't always better, and
my new RC monster Baja is proof of that!  It's got a problem with the
one-way starting bearing after only 2 tanks of fuel!  My 2 year old Traxxas
Revo was a bit less powerful and slightly smaller, but at least I could have
it ready for action within a couple minutes no matter how long it had been
sitting since it's last use!  This Losi's engine's one-way bearing is within
the engine unlike the Traxxas, so it requires removal of the engine
backplate as well as the starter assembly where the Traxxas only required
pulling the starter assembly off the back of the engine.  Now, I read that
this bearing doesn't hold up well and requires frequent replacement.  I
think I'm going to be in the market for something that's been proven,
another Revo, perhaps?

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300SD 266Kmi, Ursula