There is a breaker going to the garage already...in the basement, which is not
too convenient.

...a switch just for the garage opener....not a bad idea. Then I would still
have power for plugging in the SD....I could simply wrap the wires around the
romex strand that is strung to the garage (previous owner did that) and put the
switch conveniently on the first floor.

good idea!

Chris

John Robbins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Christopher McCann wrote:
> Think I'm going to put a switch in the house to cut power to the
> garage so that the automatic doors stay put when I want them to stay
> put. Maybe overkill - someone would have to be crazy to try to get
> past the Shepherds...esp. Sammy - 100 lbs. of serious intimidation.

Would probably be easier to just add a standard wall switch for the
garage opener.  Switching the whole garage might require a pretty beefy
switch (AKA breaker).

John

-1985 300SD, 369K km, "Wulf"
-1992 350 Ram Wagon, 1 Ton, 58K mi, "Der Abschleppwagen"
-1975 240D manual, W115, "Projekt-Wagen 1"
-1980 300SD, W116, "Projekt-Wagen 2"
-1985 300Dt, W123, "Projekt-Wagen 3"
-1984 300Dt, W123, "Projekt-Wagen 4"