I'm talking 4/0, also known as "four ott' (phonetic
pronunciation) welding/lighting cables.  These are
made with very fine strands and are very, very
flexible.  The difference in cross section and surface
area of the conductor is pretty substantial compared
to standard electrical cables that would be used for
building wiring.

And yes, the voltage drop as you increase the cable
cross section goes down significantly.

Dan

--- Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've got an old Farmall, when I inherited it it had
> 1ga battery cables for the 6v electrics.
> I put on 0ga cables and the improvement was
> tremendous. Next time they need changing I'll
> probably go 00.
>
> A few years ago I'd suggested 0ga cables for my 240D
> and Marshall read me the riot act. My 190D has
> cables that are ugly at best.
> I've been thinking replacement this summer and if I
> do they'll be no smaller than 0ga. It might not help
> but it shouldn't hurt and if I need to do them
> anyway...
>
> -Curt
>
> Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 12:58:30 -0800 (PST)
> From: LWB250 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] copper thieves
> To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>
> When we would make up cables for our rental
> generators
> we used the scraps to make battery cables for our
> cars.  We had the nice solder type battery
> terminals,
> too.  Voltage drop?  We don't need no stinkin'
> voltage
> drop!
>
> I can recall a VW I had that was retrofitted with a
> set of these.  Darn starter would practically spin
> out
> of the bellhousing when I cranked it.
>
> Dan

> Looking for last minute shopping deals?  Find them
> fast with Yahoo! Search.

Be a better friend, newshound, and