A few weeks back we were discussing HDTVs.  I had bought a Vizio 32 720P
for the bedroom, a good deal at Sams.  Well right before Christmas the
thing started locking up when attempting to access certain channels,
couldn't turn it off, no buttons worked, gray screen of death.  Did a
little intertubes research and discovered this appears to be a common
problem with this brand, something about bad firmware in the
controller.  Took it back (no questions asked, didn't even look in the
box) and got a Samsung, which was a bit more, but this appears to be a
nicer unit, better picture, similar features.  I got a DVD player for it
too, awesome picture.  I think on the smaller screens, 720P is quite
adequate as your eyes probably can't resolve any more pixels anyway,
from a "bedroom" distance.  On a bigger screen the 1080P would probably
be the better choice.

YMMV.

--R