As someone who has lived many years in Va I can attest to the lack of winter
driving ability.  A heavy frost will see people driving crazy.   A few
inches of snow and people still drive the same as when it's warm and dry -
and we see all kinds of 4x4's in the ditch and way up in people's yards!

The worst is when we get ice.  Normal people know nothing short of spikes
will provide any traction but the Va drivers still drive like it is dry
weather.  They go the same speed and practice the same stopping distances.

When we lived in NJ, Il and MD we saw *lots* of snow and ice.  The residents
of those states drove reasonably well - the NJ drivers were rude and
discourteous, the Il drivers very good and in Md most people stayed home
when the roads were bad!  Probably the best methoid for surviving bad
driving conditions.  But Va drivers (and most living in the sun belt) get
snow so infrequently they have no idea how to drive in it.

Later ya'll -

Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
.