See my previous message, sounds alot like how mine was...

-Curt

Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 19:11:47 -0800
From: Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 190D status
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], Mercedes Discussion List
 <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

This evening I put the air filter back on, cleaned out access to the
car, and took it for a test drive.  It seemed to have about as much
power as before, maybe a touch less, but even fully warmed up it
smoked (white, stinky) a lot at low RPM's.  Idle was still very rough,
and the car tended to die at stops.  I wonder if the timing being
off a notch or two can be responsible for this?  I tried loosening
each injector fuel line in turn, and it seemed that the idle
would actually stabilize for a bit then return to its usual awful
state.  I couldn't pinpoint any one injector acting differently than
the others, so I guess this is another clue pointing towards something
global like timing.  Interestingly, the smoke was much reduced right
after the cold start, but increased quickly.

I did notice that the car's drivetrain has a lot of 'springiness' in
it, the car can bounce back and forth a bit against it if you're too
rough with the throttle or clutch, but the new throttle arrangement
has completely cut out the engine feedback portion that kept it going
and turned into an irritating neck-snapping behavior.  So that's a bit
of success, at least.

No way I'm going to be picking Jill up in this tomorrow, too bad.
So much for my surprise.  I guess she'll continue to have to drive
the Chicken Wagon.

-- Jim