The 5 speed was used in the 140, the 124 still have a 4 speed

Hendrik & Fay wrote:
> Depends on which 104, early ones use KE jet, later use motronic and are
> more efficient.
> The 103 will go alright on regular but may lose a little mileage, whilst
> the 104 motronic will require premium.
> The 104 also use the better 5 speed transmission.
> Fuel usage between the 300E and 2.5D? Are you serious? The 300E sucks
> fuel in town but does alright cruising at moderate speeds.
> The OM603 is one of MB's most fuel efficient non CDI Diesel engines,
> when comparing the power output.
> There is a wrecked 300D on ebay at the moment, only problem is that they
> want 2.5K Oz beans and it is in Melbourne and it is a HK import. If it
> had memory seats I might get excited
> http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130214879163&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003
>
> Hendrik
>
> Loren Faeth wrote:
>> I have not driven the M104 92 E320 enough to be able to determine
>> fuel economy.  Daughter drives it and she never leaves town, so that
>> is not a good measure.  My guess there is negligible difference in
>> economy between M103 and M104.  The 103 is a good engine, and easier
>> to service than the 104.  The M104 is a hotrod, and as such, may be
>> harder to keep your foot out of; therefore yielding effectively less
>> economy when perhaps on paper it might be a little better.  My next
>> car will likely be a 104 though...

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  94 E420, 92 300SD, 92 300D, 92 250D Turbo, 92 300E 4Matic,
  91 300D, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 89 260E, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro,
  84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 81 380SLC, 80 240D, 76 240D,
  76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250