> Thanks Jim.. I suppose that I should be looking for 76 and prior is
> there
> any in that time frame that have hydraulic lifters or are they all
> solids?

76 has hydraulic lifters, K-Jet (mechanical CIS, not the electronic
D-Jet) and a manual HVAC.  That's what makes it a particularly nice
year for trouble-free-ness.  The downside is underhood cats, which
really cramp things there and add to the cook factor, and a fairly
doggy smogged-to-death engine.  Oddly, it seems, the catty guts of
a lot of them have mysteriously vanished, and with them goes some
of the heat.  I've always thought a set of earlier exhaust manifolds
(non-cat-bearing) would make a nice addition to one.  I sold ours
before such a manifold (and accompanying motivation) came my way.

You get down to 75 and you pick up D-Jet and solid lifters.  Up
to 77 and you pick up the Evil Chrysler ACC-From-Hell (tm).  I'd
probably rank them in roughly this order of desirability:

560, the newer the better.
380, ditto.  (If has 2-row chain.)
450, 76
350
450, other
380, 1-row chain

Ever driven a 560?  That's why it's on top.  The 380's float up
because of the interior trim and features.  And I find ours to
be about as fast as our 450 was, but with slightly better mileage.
The 76 for low maintenance.  The 350 for original as-designed fun.
(Strong but spartan, that is.)  The rest have additional problems
without accompanying plusses.  Just IMHO.

-- Jim