I recall this because when I first moved to FL I saw
tons of 75 450SLs for sale and looked at a couple.  I
became educated very fast after looking at a few.  The
prices on the 75s were considerably lower than models
before and after this year, I suspect due to the smog
stuff.

Dan

--- Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yep.  75 and 76 IIRC.  They're slung underneath the
> exhaust manifolds, which point forwards.  The cats
> are tubular , and dump out about where a normal
> manifold would.
>
> -- Jim

Be a better friend, newshound, and