Thanks John.  I now have some good ideas of where to start.
BillR

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: 5/4/08 8:15 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Quirky thermometer readings

Bill R wrote:
> Does that sort of thing ring any bells?

For the intermittent power loss I would check the pressure line that goes from
the back of the intake manifold to the ALDA on top of the IP.  I haven't
followed your great IP saga, so forgive me if you've already done that.

Another thing you might want to check is the wastegate hose (depending on your
turbo it may/may not have one.  It should be pretty easy to see if it does.  It
is on the front of the turbo and goes down to the bottom underneath the
compressor housing.

Regardless... it sounds like you aren't getting boost all the time or the IP
isn't seeing that you have boost (much more likely).

HTH!

John