Those gas solenoid valves are problematic.  I had to replace a couple on
a dryer, and my downstairs furnace currently has a bad one I just have
not dealt with.  You can see if the solenoid is getting energized with
your meter (just hook it up across the wires-- check them too for
continuity -- either at the solenoid or the controller), if it gets
juice and doesn't open then you need a new valve (or maybe just the
solenoid).  They are not very expensive if I recall.

WARNING:  Working on these can cause dire results, up to and including
death, dismemberment, dyspepsia, distention, disorders, dystopic
tendencies, strabismus, sterility, and other conditions.  See your
doctor.  Ask not what you can do for your country.  Vote for change!
Change your underwear.  Hope to count your spare change.  Yes we can!

--R