Good to know.  Thanks Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Tom Hargrave
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 12:34 PM
To: 'Mercedes Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [MBZ] [Banned] NOT what I wanted to hear - Update

Newer Mercedes bodies & frames are made of high strength steel alloy. An
incompetent welder can actually do more harm than good by tempering &
weakening the frame around the weld. This is why the Mercedes guy believes
the only safe repair is to replace the frame rail.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
www.kegkits.com
256-656-1924