From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of LarryT
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 6:41 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] update on the cracked frame rail

Hi Pete,
Thx for that info - I should try the flux filled wire also as my welding is
pretty poor.

BTW -- any idea why using a flux filled wire would negate the need for gas??

I thought gas was used to keep impurities away from the welding point?  Does

flux have anything to do with that?  I'd like to toss the gas but only if
the sitation would be helped.

I'm using a lower priced Lincoln - 4 heat settings and infinite wire feed
speed.

Thanks!

Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net