From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of LarryT
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 12:33 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] update on the cracked frame rail

Hi Bill,
    I know the weld should be as strong as the base metal but I wonder if
the addition of a piece of flat steel could be bolted over the cracked area?

That would take any stress off the weld - but may be totally un-necessary.
;-)  Just becomes an issue of what you;re comfortable with.

    Have a nice weekend -

Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
800-583-8601