Manfred

Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 14:56:13 -0500
From: Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I wasn't talking about FL.  In the swamps there, you could still do
an earth berm w/o basement, but the geothermal a/c would probably be
a cheaper way to air condition and just a straight air/air
system.   The tubes don't care if they are in swamp water.  In fact,
you'd need less length of tubing because water conducts heat better
  than soil.

What Floridians need is Guam houses.  They shrug off
hurricanes.  Reinforced concrete houses with embedded bars to hold
boards over the windows and doors during hurricanes.  Then Y'all
wouldn't need to want to send the rest of the country the bill when
your houses blow/wash away.  BTW, my opinion of people who build or
buy houses around the rest of the country on flood plains, and then
cry when it floods is the same.