Dan asked....

I'm looking to add wireless broadband to my current
Verizon plan, but I'm not terribly pleased with their
coverage or the cost.  For the most part Verizon has
the best coverage of just about all the carriers, but
I'm more interested in hearing from anyone who has
wireless broadband and their direct experiences with
it...

- We share an air card at work for travel.  In general, it works pretty
well, except that I can never seem to get it when I need it.  Slower than a
wired connect, but a helluva lot better than dialup.  Works pretty good when
you are in a meeting at somebody else's office and can't use their internet
connection due to security.  Nowadays, I don't stay in hotels that don't
offer free broadband anyway, so that's not an issue.

- Here's a thought....I also have a Verizon Blackberry that I can connect
via USB cable to my PC and it acts as a wireless "broadband" connection.  I
haven't had too much time to play with it, but so far it looks promising.
As near as I can tell, you can add it for about $30/month to your regular
Blackberry bill.  The company pays for mine, so it's a simple matter of
getting the boss to spring for it based on a wild assed guess about how much
it'll cost ;-).  All of our company's users are lumped into one big pool for
"minutes", and the network guys tell me the impact on usage would be
negligible.

HTH....YMMV..

Royce