Peter Frederick wrote:
> Of course, "plug in" hybrids use less gasoline, but produce more
> carbon footprint as most of them will be charged by coal fired power
> plants, which are probably the least efficient sources of energy out
> there.

I read something in the current Mother Earth News that made me laugh.
This guy owns three Zap pickup trucks. Two he keeps at home, and one
he keeps in town, ten miles away. He says he goes to town, plugs in
the one he drove to town, runs his errands on the one he keeps in town,
then transfers his purchases to the one he keeps at home, and plugs
the town truck back in. I'm thinking the whole exercise is silly,
provided the range on the trucks is at least 40 miles and a round
trip to town won't damage the battery pack.
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Modern-Homesteading/2008-06-01/Dear-Mother.aspx?page=7

In other news, a sewage authority is going all police-state on an amish
community in PA because they have outhouses.
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Modern-Homesteading/2008-06-01/Dear-Mother.aspx?page=6