You wrote <<I would love to see a few hundred 18 wheelers pull up to the
stock exchange
and a few hundred drivers shout at those stuffed suits "where the hell do >>
It doesn't work that way.   They'd just sell it at a  price and lose money
before they'd risk delivery.

I lost $3000 on an education in the commodities market - buying long, buying
short - until my $3k was gone.   Bought $1200 Heating Oil contracts and they
were worthless a week later.   That was $1200 gone and all I had was a piece
of paper saying I'd bought some oil at a price I hoped the oil would be at
in a month or more - but during the week in between my buying and my end
date the price dipped - and my $1200 was gone. There's no way me buying a
futures contract in oiol can make it go higher or lower.

I keep hearing how people/speculators are driving the price of oil up but I
still don't see how that's possible.  Why haven't they done it before now?
Why not do it with *all* the commodities?  Get a WSJ and look at the
commodities section - IIRC it covered at least 4 pages of incredibly small
print.

Because it doesn't work that way.  Unless someone is getting secret info
before hand or colluding with a whole group of people - which would mean
we'll be seeing a bunch of people going to jail for a long time.  It's
illegal to manipulate stocks and I bet the gov agencies that oversee these
things are looking very closely at anyone making a lot of money on oil
futures.  Anytime they make $600 and up it gets reported to the IRS.  There
may be other parts of the govt that does a poor job but the IRS isn't one of
them.  True, they may act excessively and perhaps illegally even,  but few
people cheat on their taxes and get away with it -for very long -
especially if there's a significant amount of money involved - and to move
the oil market one way or the other would take billions of $$s - all of
which would be at risk - they could lose those $$s pretty easily.  All it
takes is a *rumor* that says a new oil field has been found, - Boom - the
spot market plunges and those billions are gone  POOF!  And it happens in
the other direction also - if the investor bets the price will go down and
there's a rumor of the Israeli's attacking Syria, another POOF! and again,
the moneys gone - ALL gone.

If it were possible, people would have been doing it for years - and with
all the commodities.

Take care --

Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net