LarryT wrote:
> Ya'll probably know there are people who own awesome fully auto weapons
> already - all needed is a license which comes with a background check and
> fee.

But how do you license and tax a constitutionally guaranteed civil right? Is it
OK if I make you
pass a background check and pay a $200 tax every time you go to church?

And how do you place (thanks, Ron Reagan) a total ban on the licensing of
constitutionally
guaranteed property that wasn't previously licensed and taxed? Those awesome
full autos you mention
might be $500-2000 new, but you haven't been able to buy a new one since 1986,
the old ones are
either not being used or wearing out, and if they are in good condition they
start at about $5000
for a Uzi and I think a M16 is more like $20,000.

Mitch.